domenica 26 gennaio 2014

[It's LIQUID News] Interview: Gabriella Parisi

It's LIQUID News
 
 
.art news
January 22, 2014
 
follow us follow us follow us follow us
Gabriella Parisi
Gabriella Parisi, L’avventura di un poeta. Video still
 
Interview: Gabriella Parisi
 
Gabriella Parisi is an eclectic artist, independent film director, fashion designer and costume producer. Currently she’s working on projects oriented toward electronic solutions applied to art, movie and fashion. She graduated with honors in Scenography at Accademia di Belle Arti in Rome on an experimental thesis focused on Studio Azzurro‘s interactive art. Then she attended Cinema and Audiovisual courses at University Tor Vergata in Rome. She took part with Neoludica Game Art Gallery in projects founded by institutions and prestigious museums like Biennale d’Arte di Venezia, Museo della Scienza e della Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci di Milano, PONG - Università degli Studi di Milano, Games Week by AESVI, Triennale, etc..
 
Luca Curci - When you start practicing art and why?
 
Gabriella Parisi - Since I was a child, I have always nurtured a strong interest in art. During the years of the school, I studied all the techniques of painting as an autodidact and, at nineteen years old, I started to present my first artworks in Turin. In my view, the art is an inescapable need that is part of my nature and my DNA. I am an artist and the art puts me in a position to be a builder of sense, to interpret the reality from my point of view, through my feelings and then to contribute with my part to the knowledge of others.
 
L. C. - Can you talk about your artistic work? Which are your inspirations?
 
G. P. - My artistic research is focused on the technology with its implication on the human relations. This gap between the real and the virtual world constitutes the best area of my research. I work with the videogames that I use in art as tools of investigation, inspiration and research. The artists that have most influenced my artistic research are: Studio Azzurro, Bill Viola, Nam June Paike, Edward Hopper and Andy Warhol.
 
L. C. - What are you currently working on?
 
G. P. - I recently founded a Lab aimed at development and prototyping which uses electronic solutions applied to digital arts, movie and fashion. Now, I’m working on some projects that involve the use of interactive technology. Also, I’m producing two video art works and some game art installations that I’ll show in various locations in the world.
 
L. C. - Can you talk about your video works “L’avventura di un poeta” and “Fly on the Blue side” presented during “BorderBody” exhibition in Bari by International ArtExpo?
 
G. P. - “L’Avventura di un poeta” is a short film that expresses the obsessive rhythm of time that, every day, rewinds itself in the same way into the city’s non-places. I find metro stations very interesting because they express what Marc Augé identifies as non-places: spaces with no ties and no identity. I wanted to express this in form of stream of consciousness through which the poet wonders about the meaning of life. My video “Fly on the blue side”, with the original soundtrack by Alessandro Porcella, is the story of a journey experienced as an inner experience, as an attempt to escape from the asphalt jungle of the metropolis. People dream to live in harmony with nature, free from the materialism’s chains. The opening shots are focalized on highway tunnels, roads and people in perpetual motion, but what is clear is the lack of direction, or rather, the goal of their journey. Paul Virilio said: “Our world is in constant motion. Today’s world hasn’t none kind of stability, it’s in perpetual motion, moves and slips away.” In general, I think that the deep contradiction of the technological achievements is precisely this lack of attention to the needs of others: people stay connected through the web but at the same time they are alone.
 
L. C. - What was the best advice given to you as an artist?
 
G. P. - The best advice was given me is this: “The artist must be the custodian of the art’s meaning, provide an important trace of meaning for the real’s interpretation.” By Paolo Rosa
 
L. C. - What is art for you?
 
G. P. - In my view, the art is the essence of man. It permits to gain the experience of the universal in the particular. Art is an important carrier of meaning and allows men to expand the horizon of own knowledge.
 
L. C.  - What do you think about International ArtExpo organization?
 
G. P. - ArtExpo is an important and ambitious project that mixes the best creative energies. It’s a community full of art inspirations not only for artists but for everyone.
 
L.C. - Do you think International ArtExpo organization can represent an opportunity for artists?
 
G. P. - I think that ArtExpo offers excellent opportunities, like visibility and dialogue, for all artists. Artexpo is an art organization which I highly recommend.
 
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento